Sign up Latest Topics Donate
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Premature Roofer

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #1 

 

Quote:

A 50-year-old Centralia man has been charged in Marion County Court Monday with misdemeanor theft in connection with an alleged home repair fraud.

Bond for Daniel Walls of South Maple was set at $3,000 and the public defender appointed to represent him.

Centralia Police say Walls contracted with an elderly resident for roofing repairs in early June and was given a $500 up front payment. Police say despite several phone calls over the past month, Walls never began the project.

As a result, police decided to have Walls picked up. He was located on Sunday and taken to the Marion County Jail.



[image] 

You never and I mean NEVER take money from someone unless you intend on getting the job done. And yes, that picture is of him. People like this are the reason people find it so hard to trust anyone in the home repair line of work. What a scum bag.

0
TatMan

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 206
Reply with quote  #2 
Yeah that is something you just don't do in any job. I remember when I was still working in the tat industry someone I knew from another business would purposely do a "light" job so the person would be guaranteed to come back for a touch up. By making the tat look faded the first time, the touch up would look more worth it. Touch ups are needed years after the tat is done, not a few weeks or months. 
0
DarkRivers

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 228
Reply with quote  #3 
Scumbag. I agree with you OP. People like this make us all like like we are slime to people and it ain't fair. 
0
pengu1n

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRivers
Scumbag. I agree with you OP. People like this make us all like like we are slime to people and it ain't fair. 


You have to consider that these criminals are in every job field. Heck, even doctors can be criminals. One got busted last summer near here for basically recording his patients undressing and putting on gowns. He hid the camera and his nurse was in on it as well. Very sick. 
0
Jackpack

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 232
Reply with quote  #5 
The one man local to here did the same thing but he was not a roofer, I think he was a plumber. Anyways, he got half the amount to do the job to "buy parts" and never showed up. He was caught a week later two states over. He had been doing this to people across the state. 
0
boneback

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 67
Reply with quote  #6 
These guys are a dime a dozen. They always try to take advantage of people who don't know any better. They tend to go for jobs like home repair too cause it is easier to "fake". 
0
Britanica

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 531
Reply with quote  #7 
I feel like this is partially the woman's fault. If you know enough about the business, you will know when someone is going to scam you or not. Sure, he could have been a legit roofer who just tried to run out of town with her money but you have to know the person and have real reviews from other people. Don't just hire someone off of craigslist or something. 
0
Rick Wolf

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 50
Reply with quote  #8 
My cousin actually knows this dude. Not as a friend or anything but according to him he wasn't a criminal but turned to crime because of money issues. Who really knows though. It is all he said she said. 
0
Premature Roofer

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatMan
Yeah that is something you just don't do in any job. I remember when I was still working in the tat industry someone I knew from another business would purposely do a "light" job so the person would be guaranteed to come back for a touch up. By making the tat look faded the first time, the touch up would look more worth it. Touch ups are needed years after the tat is done, not a few weeks or months. 


Wow people will use anything now a days to scam people. How sad. I never knew things like this even happened in tat parlors. 
0
Premature Roofer

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpack
The one man local to here did the same thing but he was not a roofer, I think he was a plumber. Anyways, he got half the amount to do the job to "buy parts" and never showed up. He was caught a week later two states over. He had been doing this to people across the state. 


Well I guess every state and area has these types. It just sucks so much for the people they take advantage of really. They make all of us contractors and repair men look awful. 
0
Premature Roofer

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britanica
I feel like this is partially the woman's fault. If you know enough about the business, you will know when someone is going to scam you or not. Sure, he could have been a legit roofer who just tried to run out of town with her money but you have to know the person and have real reviews from other people. Don't just hire someone off of craigslist or something. 


I know what you mean but you have to consider that most people don't go into work like this thinking they will be scammed. I think that enough people are aware of things like this happening but still don't know how to spot them. 
0
Premature Roofer

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Wolf
My cousin actually knows this dude. Not as a friend or anything but according to him he wasn't a criminal but turned to crime because of money issues. Who really knows though. It is all he said she said. 


Yeah you can't buy things like this without knowing for sure. I once thought a friend of mine knew someone and they only ever had one single conversation with the person lol Either way, money problems or not, this was shady. 
0
Jackpack

Avatar / Picture

Elite Roofer - Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 232
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premature Roofer


Well I guess every state and area has these types. It just sucks so much for the people they take advantage of really. They make all of us contractors and repair men look awful. 


Oh for sure. People just assume we are all good for nothing low-lives or something. I am glad these stories make news but still, people need to know we are not all this way. 
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.